Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lemons and Surprises..

So obviously, this isn't going to be a blog posted every day religiously.  However, I do want to post regularly.  Though it's 3 am and I should really be having face time with my pillow, I just feel the need to throw some things out there.  After nights like tonight and really weekends like these last few I tend to get sentimental about life and the things that are going on around me.  Deal with it, lol!  Within approximately the two and half years that I have come out, I have come a long, long, long way.  Life has definitely handed me lemons many a time, and sometimes it's just bitter there is no making lemonade.  But, life has also handed me many surprises and amazing people.  I think back to living in Cumberland and trying to get over a relationship that I really wanted to hold onto, but it was oh so bad for me; and a relationship that had just ended in friendship but that needed to be terminated for the sake of us both.  Living in a smaller, rural, countrified city was never bad, but it was definitely tough sometimes.  It was certainly not the place for me, but I never thought that I'd get out either.  Now, this short time later I think back on just the last two days and I can't believe what I do on my time off.  Yesterday I was having drink and dinner with some of the most amazing guys I could ever wish to have come in contact with.  I couldn't have fathomed in years that there would be a group of bears, chubbies, and chasers that would love me, respect me, and understand me the way that they do.  That alone makes the move priceless.  Both, last night and tonight I found myself in bars and clubs where I knew for sure that there was someone else gay like me (and that's an understatement!).  Tonight, I was drug out of one of those crowds by a bar manager to schmooze with one of the most wonderful and over the top drag queens out there all while on stage in front of everyone and with Justin by my side.  And all because we just finished filming for MTV........Me??  From what most consider to be the-middle-of-nowhere-Maryland, to living just outside The Nation's Capitol celebrating my gay relationship in gay bars with real life queens and drag queens.  There are days when life is so surreal.  But I wouldn't change it for anything!  Thank you, however, from the bottom of my heart to our Bourgie Bear group, to people like Joey and Kristina from Apex and Perry from Omega, to Lauren and Daniel and Brian and Stephan for coming out to the bars with us.  Your hospitality, love, compassion, senses of humor, and general openness have allowed me to be here and experience so much more than I could have ever imagined.  It is because of who you are that I can be who I truly am inside every day.  So, no major life changing realization in this post, sorry.  But a truly heartfelt thank you to those special people that touch our lives.  We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah! Bourgie Bears! I'm glad that you guys have come so far! Life is certainly better with good people by your side!

    ReplyDelete